Cardomom is the world’s third most expensive spice, surpassed in price per weight only by Vanilla and saffron. It is also know as cardamom. Indian cardamom was traditionally considered as a therapeutic and it is applied in Ayurveda. Nowdays, it is also cultivated in some other countries, such as Gautemala, Malaysia and Tanzania. The German coffee planter Oscar Majur Kloeffer introduced Indian cardamom (Kerala) to cultivation in Guatemala before World war 1, by 2000 now that country had become the biggest producer and exporter of cardamom in the word, followed in india. The cultivation of cardamom also originates in India, Nepal and Bhutan. Herbalists claim that cardamom may possess anti cancer activity but these claims are yet to be evaluated critically by medical experts.
* Cardamom contains essential volatile oils that found in many traditional medicines as antiseptic, digestive, stimulant, stomachic, tonic etc.
*Cardamom know to have been antioxidant, disease preventing and health promoting properties.
* Cardamom is a good source of mineral like potassium which is an important component of cell and body fluid that help in controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
* Cardamom is also an excellent source of iron and manganese 100 g pods contains 13.97 mg or 175% daily required level of iron and iron required for red blood cell formation and cellular metabolism.
*Cardamom contain aromatic pods are rich in many vital vitamins including riboflavin, niacin, vitamin C that is essential for optimum health.
Health Benefit –
* Dental care: Research has been verified the presence of antimicronial properties in cardamom target common bacteria linked in cavities. It is also used in traditional mouth rinse used to prevent dental plaque.
*Blood sugar balance: Research found that that cardamom that may promote health glucose. It can improve some of the negative effects of pre diabetics , suggesting it might be useful in reducing complication.
* Mind and relaxation: Cardamom is believed to possess antidepressant properties. Its essential oil is one of the major oils used in anti stress aromatherapy and have been suggested to be an effective choice for handling stressful condition.
* Gastrointestinal health: Cardamom has been traditionally use as a remedy for digestive problems. The methanolic extract from cardamom is the component that helps in controlling gastrointestinal discomfort such as acidity, flatulence and stomach cramps.
* Nausea and vomiting : It may calm sensations of nausea and urge to vomit. Consuming its powder was observed to be lessen the severity of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy.
How to include Cardamom in your diet –
One of the biggest quality of cardamom is its smell, peoples are die hard fan of its adorable smell. Its seeds and pods were chewed as a breath fresher and its essential oil is popular in chewing gum so you can replace your mouth is fresher and stating consuming, it refresh you as well as mind. Also you can use seeds power of cardamom in sweet dishes like Kheer, Gajar ka halva (all kinds of halva’s) and also in tea.