Buy Brown rice online
About 60 to 70 years ago people consumed only hand-pounded rice. Here the husk was removed from the harvested paddy by pounding the grains in a stone mortar and a wooden pestle.
This grinding process was followed by winnowing. This process preserves the bran and thus there is a lesser degree of polishing. Thus pounded rice is among the healthiest rice in the world.
After the advent of rice mills, the milling process removed bran and germ leaving behind the starchy endosperm. This the polished rice loses its nutrients dietary minerals, and almost all of the dietary fiber.
- Hand pounded rice is a staple food for diabetic patients as it controls blood sugar levels. It releases sugar gradually into the blood.
- Hand pounded rice is rich in nutrients like fiber, protein, and iron.
- It aids in weight loss as the fiber content helps indigestion.
- The selenium present in hand-pounded rice helps to fight against cancer of the large intestine.
- It controls the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- It is rich in manganese and it is good for the nervous system as well as the reproductive system.
Recipe: Tuvar Dal Rice
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time:25 minutes
Recipe Category: Rice recipes
Recipe cuisine: South Indian
- Swadesi Organics Ponni Hand-pounded/Ponni Kaikuthal rice: 1 cup
- Tur dal -¼ cup
- Onion – 1
- Green chilli -2 slit
- Garlic – 4 cloves finely chopped
- Tamarind – a small piece or ¼ teaspoon of paste
- Swadesi Organics Turmeric powder – a pinch.
- Sambar powder 2 teaspoons
- Salt as needed
- Swadesi Organics Gingelly oil 4 teaspoons
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Hing a pinch
- Swadesi Organics Cumin seeds/jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves a handful
- Coriander leaves 2 tablespoons.
- Swadesi Organics Ghee 1 teaspoon.
- Wash rice and dal and allow it to soak for 20 minutes. Drain the water and set it aside.
- Chop onions and slit green chilies.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds when it splutters then add cumin seeds, hing and curry leaves. Then add onion, green chilies, and garlic.
- Now fry onions till they become golden brown in color. Then add turmeric powder and sambar powder. Then add the tamarind extract or syrup.
- Add rice and dal along with 3 cups of water and salt as needed.
- Pressure cook rice for 3 whistles. Now after 10 minutes when the pressure has subsided open the cooker.
- Mix the contents and add a teaspoon of ghee and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with vadams, chips, or appalam.
All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by Swadesi organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.
Follow us on Instagram
Specification: Brown Rice (Ponni Hand Pounded)
- Store Name: B&B Organics
- Vendor: B&B Organics
- No ratings found yet!
₹91.00 – ₹3,424.00