SWADESI ORGANICS BARNYARD MILLET FLAKES
Swadesi Organics Barnyard millet Flakes (aval/ poha/atugulu/ avalakki) is made from organically grown barnyard millet in Tamil Nadu. Barnyard millet is grown in the hilly areas widely in Tamil Nadu and hilly regions of Uttarakhand.
Barnyard millet is high in fiber, phosphorous, calcium and B-complex vitamins. It is high in protein, which maintains the health of the cells, rich in fiber it gives high satiety value and helps cut back extra calories and helps to reduce weight. It is rich in iron and vitamin B like thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. It is good for diabetic patients, with a good amount of magnesium and protein it is very good for the heart. It also keeps checking on cholesterol and blood pressure.
Barnyard millet is a drought-tolerant crop and hence is grown as a rainfed crop. It can be grown successfully under partial waterlogged conditions. Barnyard millet is grown in the hilly areas widely in Tamil Nadu and hilly regions of Uttarakhand.
The rice is parboiled, rolled and flattened to produce flakes. The Flakes are capable of absorbing a large volume of liquid when used in a different recipe, therefore imbibe flavors well. By buying Swadesi Barnyard millet Flakes you help our farmers since part of your money goes for promoting farming and to our activities like planting of native trees and building nests for a sparrow to protect them.
|Nutrients||Nutritional values Per 100g*|
|Carbohydrate (g )||66|
|Dietary fibre (g)||9|
Recipe: MAAPILLAI SAMBA FLAKES UPMA
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 person
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- Yellow Moong Dal – 2 tbsp
- Barnyard Millet Flakes – 1 cup
- Green Chilli – 1
- Curry leaves – 5 to 6 leaves
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp heaped
- Water – 1 cup approx
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Soak the moong dal in water for at least 1 hour.
- Then drain the water and set aside.
- Sprinkle some water (latest 1/4 cup) over 1 cup of Swadesi Organics barnyard millet
flakes and mix well. Let it sit for 7 minutes.
- Heat the kadhai and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, hing, curry leaves, and broken
- Then add the drained moong dal and salt.
- Cook until the water evaporates.
- Now add the barnyard millet flakes and mix well.
- Sprinkle some water and let it cook for two to three minutes.
- Then add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Turn off the heat, and that’s it.
- Simple yet delicious barnyard millet flakes upma is ready.
Follow us on Twitter
Specification: Buy Barnyard Millet Flakes/Poha
- Store Name: B&B Organics
- Vendor: B&B Organics
- No ratings found yet!
Swadesi Organics Spice Combo Each 200 g(Chilli Powder , Coriander Seed Powder, Pepper Powder ,Turmeric Powder)Sold by B&B Organics
₹174.00 – ₹1,520.00