Swadesi Organics Finger Millet Flakes
Swadesi Organics Finger millet Flakes (aval/ poha/atugulu/ avalakki) is made from organically grown finger millet by our farmers. It is the oldest food and first cereal grain used for domestic purposes. They can be grown in dry weather; can withstand severe drought conditions and adaptable to higher elevations.
Finger millet is a rich source of protein and minerals in comparison to all other cereals and millets. It contains important amino acids. It has the highest amount of calcium (344 mg) and potassium (408 mg). It is beneficial for individuals with low haemoglobin levels as it is a great source of iron.
It is also rich in antioxidants, fiber, Vitamin B3, calcium and is gluten-free. Rich in magnesium improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance and benefits diabetic people. It is good for heart, bones, teeth skin and lowers blood pressure and cholesterol.
Finger millet can be grown in dry weather; can withstand severe drought conditions and adaptable to higher elevations. These are short duration, ready to harvest as little in 65 days and can be easily grown throughout the year. It is highly grown crops among all small millets. It is mostly cultivated in the Kharif season in May- July.
The rice is parboiled, rolled and flattened to produce flakes. The Flakes are capable of absorbing a large volume of liquid when used in a different recipe, therefore imbibe flavors well. By buying Swadesi Finger millet Flakes you help our farmers since part of your money goes for promoting farming and to our activities like planting of native trees and building nests for a sparrow to protect them.
|Nutrients||Nutritional values Per 100g*|
|Carbohydrate (g )||72|
|Dietary fibre (g)||11.5|
Recipe: RAGI FLAKES DOSA
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 person
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- Swadesi Organics Finger Millet Flakes – 1 Cup
- Butter Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Green chilli – 1 no.
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Flax Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Soak the Swadesi Organics Finger millet flakes in 1 cup of water with a pinch of salt.
- Drain and soak it again in buttermilk for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soaked finger millet flakes along with chilly, ginger, cumin seeds and flax seeds in a grinder jar and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add salt and enough water so that the batter is of flowing consistency.
- On a heated non-stick skillet, pour a ladle full of batter and spread it in a circular motion. You can keep the dosa, thin or thick as per your choice. Drizzle a few drops of ghee on the sides of the dosa.
- Cook the dosa on low to medium flame until crisp and cooked well from both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with chutney, sauce or just gunpowder.
Follow us on Facebook
Specification: Finger Millet Flakes /Poha
- Store Name: B&B Organics
- Vendor: B&B Organics
- No ratings found yet!
₹117.00 – ₹940.00