Swadesi Organics Joha Rice
Swadesi Organics Joha Rice is grown organically by our farmers. Joha rice is a speciality rice of Assam. Joha rice is known for its scented aroma, delicate and mouth-watering taste. The uniqueness of this rice is mainly attributed to particular climatic conditions prevalent in the area, together with varietal characteristics and system of rice cultivation, adding to the best expression of aroma and flavour in the product.
Joha rice is rich in antioxidant properties it helps to fight against Ageing and many other diseases. This rice has a number of health benefits due to the presence of polyphenolic and flavonoids content.Rich in antioxidant properties it helps to fight against aging and many other diseases.
Joha rice also known as Aromatic rice is a unique gift of nature to Assam, cultivated only in the Brahmaputra valley.Joha rice from the north eastern state of Assam is mostly cultivated during winter. The high-fat, albumin-rich, and globulin-packed grains are not only loaded with nutrition, but is also an inevitable part of Assamese festivals.
|Nutrients||Nutritional values Per 100g*|
|Crude Protein (g)||11.5|
|Soluble Protein (g)||6.5|
|Total Soluble Sugar (g)||0.93|
|Reducing Sugar (g )||0.30|
|Non Reducing Sugar (g )||0.62|
|Crude Fat (g)||9.20|
|Crude Fibre (g)||1.20|
|Total Starch Extracted (TSE)||19.45|
|Amino Protein of TSE (g)||80.55|
RECIPE: Assamese Sweet Pulao
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 2 person
Recipe Category: Lunch
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- Joha rice – 1 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbs
- Clove – 2
- Anise – 1
- Cinnamon – 1
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cashew – 2 tbs
- Almonds – 2 tbs
- Raisins – 2 tbs
- Pistachios – 2 tbs
- Onion – 1
- Carrot – 1 small
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 2 cups
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.
- A pan, heat ghee and add the nuts and raisins.
- Fry until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add the spices and onion and saute for two minutes.
- Add the carrots and green peas and cook for two minutes on low flame.
- Add drained rice and sugar and saute on low flame for two minutes.
- Finally add water and salt and bring it to boil.
- Cook the rice on medium flame until the rice is 90% cooked.
- Reduce flame, cover the pan and cook until done.
- Serve it hot with a curry of your choice.
Specification: Joha – “West Bengal (Origin)”
₹246.00 – ₹5,671.00