You may also like…
- Why always white rice? Try Swadesi Karuppu Kavuni, a black rice variety from Tamil Nadu packed with nutrients, anti-oxidants and amino acids.
- It is widely grown in Northeast, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Odisha. It takes less water for growing. It is a drought – resistant crop.
- Swadesi Organics Karuppu Kavuni is organically grown and sourced from grassroots farmers.
- The rich protein content in Black Kavuni Rice is the best alternative for regular rice varieties. It has great source of energy.
- Tested for quality and quantity, Swadesi Organics Karuppu Kavuni is full of nature’s goodness and builds stamina and immunity.
- Karuppu kavuni rice is very useful for the preparation of Dosa, Idly and Puttu.
Nutrients Per 100g *
- • Energy (kcal)…………394
- • Fat (g)………….7.86
- • Protein (g)……..8.94
- • Carbohydrate (g)…….72
- • Dietary fibre (g)…….3.9
Karuppu Kavuni sweet porridge
Karuppu Kavuni rice has to be soaked for at least two hours or overnight before cooking.
Wash and soak a cup of rice overnight. Cook in pressure cooker until mushy and then serve with coconut milk and sugar or jaggery.
Karuppu Kavuni idlis
Soak a cup of rice overnight or for eight hours and a quarter cup of urad dhal or split black gram for 2 hours separately. Grind them to smooth paste in food processor, mix together and allow the mixture to ferment overnight. Then add salt and pour and steam in idli cookers.
Karuppu Kavuni puttu
Soak one cup of rice overnight, air dry on muslin cloth and grind to fine powder in processor or flour mill. Roast it lightly before making the puttu. Sprinkle sufficient water to get puttu flour consistency and steam it in puttu maker or idle steamer. Eaten with ghee, sugar or jaggery and shaved coconut, this puttu is a healthier version of original rice puttu.
Specification: Karuppu kavuni – Tamil Nadu (Origin)
- Store Name: B&B Organics
- Vendor: B&B Organics
- No ratings found yet!
₹161.00 – ₹6,913.00