Mysore Malli Rice is native to Karnataka state and was grown especially for the royal families. Over time, farmers also started eating this rice as it was very filling nutritious. This rice gives good yield of 80kgs of rice per quintal of paddy, requires no chemical fertilizers, little irrigation, have sturdy stems and rich taste.
- It is rich in antioxidants and proteins alleged to have medicinal properties that build immunity
- It is parboiled and medium grained so has rich soupy consistency
- It is good for children and adults for nutritious everyday meals
- It has low fat and good dietary fibre so suits all diets
Recipe: Mysore Malli Lemon Rice
- Mysore Malli rice – 1 cup(250g)
- Lemon juice – 1 lemon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard/Urad seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Dry red chilli – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – a handful
- Cook the rice with 2 cups water and spread on plate to cool
- Heat oil, splutter mustard urad seeds, curry leaves, chilli and add the rice
- Now add lemon juice and turmeric powder and stir until well mixed. Adjust spice, salt and lemon so that it is well-blended into all the grains
- TIP: You can add roasted peanuts, raisins and cashew nuts for extra taste.
Disclaimer: All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by Swadesi organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.
Specification: Mysore Malli Parboiled rice
- No ratings found yet!
₹123.00 – ₹4,827.00