Buy Navara rice online
Though Navara rice has been grown in the Palaghat region of Kerala for nearly 20 centuries, the original strain has been hybridized with other red rice varieties. This rice is planted mostly in November and is ready for harvest within 135-150 days.
- It is full of carbohydrates, proteins, minerals and fibre
- It cooks easily to mushy gruel and suits young, old and toddler diets.
- The rich red colour of this rice is alleged to have medicinal properties
Recipe: Navara Rice pancakes
- Navara rice soaked – 1 cup (250 g)
- Egg – 1 nos
- Sugar or jaggery – 2 spoon
- Cornflour – 1 spoon
- Water or coconut milk – 1 cup
- Drain the soaked rice, air dry and powder in the mixie
- Sieve this powder twice and then mix in sugar/jaggery, cornflour, egg and water/coconut milk to a smooth batter
- The batter should be thick like dosa batter
- Now pour out pancakes on hot skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown
Disclaimer: All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by Swadesi organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.
Follow us on Twitter
Specification: Navara Rice (Parboiled)
- Store Name: B&B Organics
- Vendor: B&B Organics
- No ratings found yet!
₹106.00 – ₹4,153.00