SWADESI ORGANICS PEARL MILLET FLAKES
Swadesi Organic Pearl millet flakes (aval / poha/atugulu/ avalakki) are made from pearl millet which is grown organically. These flakes can be made as a perfect substitute for our breakfast to get started our day with needed energy and nutrients. It is rich in essential components like protein, iron, amino acids, fiber, and phosphorus.
Pearl millet is rich in antioxidants, fiber, folic acid and is gluten-free. It is also a rich source of magnesium, 100 g of this millet contains 131mg of Magnesium which is 37% of our recommended daily allowance. Magnesium helps maintain nerve function and normal heartbeat. It is very powerful in controlling diabetes. Because of its high fiber content, it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods. Being rich in Zinc, it helps repair skin and the slow aging process.
Pearl millet is well adapted to growing areas characterized by drought, low soil fertility, and high temperature. It performs well in soils with high salinity or low pH. Because of its tolerance to difficult growing conditions. One of the oldest and hardiest crops known to man, pearl millet can grow in harsh environments.
The rice is parboiled, rolled and flattened to produce flakes. The Flakes are capable of absorbing a large volume of liquid when used in a different recipe, therefore imbibe flavors well. By buying Swadesi Pearl millet Flakes you help our farmers since part of your money goes for promoting farming and to our activities like planting of native trees and building nests for a sparrow to protect them.
|Nutrients||Nutritional values Per 100g*|
|Carbohydrate (g )||73|
Recipe: PEARL MILLET FLAKES KHICHDI
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 3 person
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- Pearl millet flakes -1 cup
- Mixed vegetables ( Carrot, Beans, Peas, and Cauliflower) -1 cup
- Onion- 1 medium size
- Tomato- 1 medium size
- Green chilly – 1 or as per your spicy level
- Lemon -1/2 (optional)
- Asafoetida -1/2 tsp
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Groundnut -1 tsp
- Curry leaves-few
- Wash Swadesi Organics Pearl Millet flakes well and soak it for 10 to 15 minutes till it becomes soft.
- Drain the excess water out of the flakes by squeezing them and keep it aside.
- Chop all the vegetables finely and boil the vegetables in a pan with enough salt and water till it gets cooked.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds allow it to splutter.
- Then add groundnut fry for a min & add the chopped onion, chopped green chillies, curry leaves, and asafoetida and fry till the onion becomes soft.
- Add the chopped tomato and sauté till it gets cooked.
- Add the cooked vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the flakes and add salt to taste and saute for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice & mix it well.
- Serve hot with any chutney.
Specification: Pearl Millet Flakes /Poha
₹161.00 – ₹1,395.00