Pearl Millet commonly known as Bajra in India is rich in essential compounds like protein, fibre, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. Due to its rich composition of minerals and proteins, Pearl Millet has many health benefits. It contains essential amino acids and vitamins also which contribute to its therapeutic properties. Taking a trip towards the western side of India, you’ll commonly find the locals eating chapati made of bajra.
- Because of its high fibre content, it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods. This helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels for a long period of time.
- Bajra is rich in insoluble fibre that aids digestion. It also reduces secretion of bile acids and is linked to a lowered risk of gallstone formation.
- It has cancer-protecting properties. A study showed that regular intake of bajra protects pre-menopausal women from developing breast cancer.
- Being high in fibre content, it takes a longer time for the grain to move from the stomach to the intestines. This way, bajra curbs hunger for a long span of time.
- It contains phytochemical, which is called phytic acid believed to increase cholesterol metabolism. It also stabilises the level of cholesterol in the body.
Specification: Pearl Millet
- Store Name: B&B Organics
- Vendor: B&B Organics
- No ratings found yet!
Swadesi Organics Millet Combo Pack ) Each – 2.5 kg(Brown Top Millet,Finger Millet, Kodo Millet,Pearl Millet)Sold by B&B Organics
₹67.00 – ₹957.00