Ponni raw rice is white in color. It is aromatic and tasty. It is raw rice and not parboiled. It is cultivated around the Kaveri delta region in South India.
- It is rich in nutrients like fiber and iron.
- It controls the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- It is rich in manganese and it is good for the nervous system as well as the reproductive system.
- It is rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook : 20 mins
Ready-in: 30 mins
Skill level: Beginner
- Ponni raw rice 2 cups
- Pasiparuppu or moong dal 1/4 cup
- Pepper crushed 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera seeds or cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Cashewnuts 8 to 10 numbers
- Ghee 3 tablespoons
- Grated ginger 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves a handful
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Green chili slit lengthwise (optional)
- Wash and soak ponni raw rice for 15 minutes.
- Now soak moong dal and cook till soft.
- Now in a tava add one tablespoon of ghee and roast the cashew nuts.
- Now again in a tava or wok add two tablespoons of ghee.
- When hot add crushed pepper and jeera seeds when they splutter add curry leaves, grated ginger, slit green chilli, and asafoetida.
- Then add 1/2 cup of water. Add salt as needed. Allow the water to boil.
- Now add cooked and mashed pasiparuppu or moong dal and the soaked rice.
- Mix well. Let it cook for a while.
- Now add the roasted cashew nuts. Ponni raw rice Pongal is ready to serve.
All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by Swadesi organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.
Specification: Ponni Raw Rice
- Store Name: B&B Organics
- Vendor: B&B Organics
- No ratings found yet!
₹86.00 – ₹3,129.00