Gluten-free Red Sorghum contains very similar antioxidants that are also found in red wine. This gluten-free sorghum bran ingredient naturally has the potential health benefits of fiber plus enhanced volumes of antioxidants. Ground into flour, sorghum can be used as a substitute for wheat flour. Though it has no gluten (obviously) so it requires a binding agent in some recipes like xanthan gum or cornstarch. Red sorghum is red due to polyphenolic pigments.
- In animal nutrition, it is mostly used as an energy source and is a good feedstuff for poultry, pigs and ruminants.
- It is known to be rich in phenolic compounds, many of which act as antioxidants. It has also been shown to be good at reducing some forms of inflammation due to its antioxidant properties.
- Several of the phenolic compounds in sorghum have been linked to anti-cancer effects. The tannins in sorghum, which contribute to the grain’s pigmentation, may inhibit an enzyme linked to the development of breast cancer.
- It has been determined to be a safe alternative grain for those with Celiac’s disease.
- The starches in sorghum are difficult for the human body to digest, compared to other grains. As a result, sorghum is an excellent addition to any meal, helping you feel full without contributing too many calories to your diet.
Specification: Red Sorghum
- Store Name: B&B Organics
- Vendor: B&B Organics
- No ratings found yet!
₹103.00 – ₹1,422.00