Thanga Samba Parboiled rice
Thanga Samba rice is mostly cultivated in Tamil Nadu delta districts. This rice grows well in clayey loamy soils, does not require chemical fertilizers gives good yield of 2250kilos per acre. It also grows tall and so is resistant to disease and locusts. It is ready for harvest within 130-135 days.
- It is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants so helps to keep body’s vital parameters in check
- Grains are golden in colour due to its rich carbohydrate content which help strengthen bones
- It is also builds immunity and stamina.
Recipe: Thanga Samba Pongal
- Thanga Samba Rice 1 cup (250g)
- Moong Daal 1/4 cup(80g)
- Ghee/oil 2 tablespoon each
- Pepper & Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard/Urad seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli 2 nos
- Cashewnuts 10-12 nos
- Soak rice and daal for 30 minutes and cook with 2.5 cups water until mushy in pressure cooker
- Next heat oil and splutter Mustard/Urad seeds, curry leaves, red and green chillis, asafoetida and pepper/cumin seeds
- Open cooker, mix the rice/daal with a potato smasher and add the fried garnish. Add salt and adjust taste
- Transfer to heat casserole and add cashew nuts roasted in ghee on top
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with chutneys and sambar
Disclaimer: All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by Swadesi organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.
Follow us on Instagram
Specification: Thanga Samba Parboiled rice
- Store Name: B&B Organics
- Vendor: B&B Organics
- No ratings found yet!
₹98.00 – ₹3,795.00