Shami kabab is a local variety of kabab from the Indian subcontinent. Shami Kabab is the ‘National’ kabab of Awadh made from mincemeat and enriched with a lot of garam masalas, the kababs are round patties, which tastes amazing mixed with several spices. Shami Kababs are garnished with lemon juice or sliced raw onions. You can look to serve these with either green chutney or mint chutney on the side.
Recipe Description (serves-4 people)
It is composed of a small patty of minced or ground meat
A) Mutton mince 2 cups (400 gms)
B) Ghee 1 tbsp
C) Caraway seeds 1 tsp
D) Ginger chopped 1 tbsp
E) Garlic chopped 1 tbsp
F) Split Bengal gram ¾ cup
G) Salt to taste According to your taste
H) Egg 2
I) Fresh mint leaves 8-10
J) Oil For shallow fry
K) Deep-fried onions ½ cup
L) Lemon juice 1
M) Garam Masala powder 1 ½ tsp
N) Red chili powder 1 ½ tsp
O) Coriander 1 Tbsp
Preparation method step by step process –
- A) Heat ghee in a pan add in the chopped ginger, garlic, caraway seeds, and saute. Now add in the keema, salt and saute well.
- B) Then add in the garam masala powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder, deep-fried onion roasted chana dal and cook the mixture until the keema is cooked well and dried. Now add in the mint leaves and sauté.
- C) Remove the mixture in the blender adds in the 1 egg and grind it into a smooth paste. Remove the mixture into a bowl and cool the mixture for 20-25 mints in the refrigerator.
- D) After 20-25 mints remove the mixture and make small patties. Heat oil for shallow frying in the pan break one egg and beat it. now dip the patty in the egg and shallow fry until golden brown from both the sides
- E) Remove on the serving plate and serve hot with mint chutney.
Go for it, make this recipe in your homes and enjoy healthy eating.