Web content writing is a great way to communicate with other . We can literally use casual language as it relates more to most of the readers. A web content writing must attract readers to read by making your content by adding a meaningfull name.
• Know your audience. Lots of the readers for higher education are students and parents. They should be your first priority. Second comes alumni,staff and faculty.Last but not the least learn what your audience is looking for through surveys,feedbacks,etc.
• Give them what they are looking for. Readers are looking for some short and most populated topic. They done need whole information.Most of the readers expect short and crisp passages which are easy to understand. Use bullet points like I am doing right now to jot down important points(Like points to remember).
• Keep your language simple. All readers are educated is not necessary so, a writer must which is useful for everyone to understand what writer says. The language should be written in the simplest way possible. Never ever try to impress your audience through your IQ.
• Never create unnecessary content. Readers boor to read all information so, all information is correct and short never try to add anything that no related to that subject. Never prolong any idea as it will bore your reader.
• Never Cut&Paste any content. Always refresh the content which you want to reuse. Always avoid outdated information as it may cause conflicts. Keep your writing style consistent as it helps the reader read easily.
• Content should be easily accessible. The reader should be able to find anything in a easy way. Use descriptive language as it helps in understanding the content in a better way. Make the content as creative as possible like adding bullet points, headers ,links , etc.
• Make your content ageless. Its always better when you don’t use dates unless needed .
• Always get your content edited. It gets better as people read it and find faults. So, you can always correct the mistakes and make it the best content.